It’s a cool 85 degrees in Oklahoma and my skin is going through some changes. Hello clogged pores. Hello sweat.
I gathered my 7 must-have items from Beautycounter since they’re cruelty-free and non-toxic. Beautycounter’s mission is:
To get safer products into the hands of everyone.
If you want to feel good about what you’re putting on your skin, you’re in great hands. Beautycounter is more than just a cosmetics brand; it’s a movement that intentionally bands more than 1,500 questionable or harmful chemicals through their “Never List”. And they actively lobby for change. In March of 2018, the founder marched on Washington D.C. to urge Congress to pass more protective laws for the personal care industry.
Enough of the scary stuff. Here is the good stuff:
- Dew Skin Moisturizing Coverage in SPF 30, $45. This top selling tinted-moisturizer also protects you from the sun!
- No. 3 Balancing Facial Mask, $49. This nutrient-rich kaolin clay mask deep-cleans and balances, absorbing excess oil and drawing out impurities.
- Color Intense Lipstick in “Garden Party, $34. Vibrant, statement-making color. Beautycounter’s first long-wearing, one-swipe lipstick in eight all-new shades.
- Matte Bronzer in “No. 1”, $40. Beautycounter’s bronzers deliver a refined, natural-looking glow containing Porcelain Flower Extract to help moisturize the skin.
- Volumizing Mascara, $29. Cleaner, plant-derived ingredients replace harmful emollients like carbon black. Mascaras shouldn’t be scary.
- Glow Shimmer Oil, $35. Get the sun-kissed skin without the damage. The luxurious dry-oil formula absorbed into your skin to deliver a radiant, even glow.
- Countersun Mineral Sunscreen Mist with SPF 30, $36. Formulated with non-nano zinc oxide and California Poppy, this formula provides an effective shield from UVA, UVB, and Blue Light rays. It’s air powered and coral reef-friendly. Yes, you can take this one to Hawaii.